Monday, February 14, 2011

Erykah Badu - Millinery Muse

Erykah Badu is an inspiration, in fact bigger than an inspiration if that can possibly exist! The lady is pure magic; undoubtedly is one of the world's most talented singers, writers, musicians, wordsmiths, beatsmiths, rappers, performers we have seen in our generation and Baduizm in 1997 was one of the albums that changed my life. Yes BIG words there, but it really is true, no little piece of exaggeration, no need - I probably wouldn't have discovered the people, places, experiences I have without it. No doubt. She is my ultimate, all time, No 1, favourite ever ever artist and for someone with a lot of favourites in the world of music this is HUGE! Never heard of her? Then I think you need to step out of your cultural void for a second and find out about Badu... (Sorry that was a lot of gush!)

So just when I thought she couldn't climb any higher in my world, I saw her in a hat! I had the privilege of seeing her live for the first time yesterday.... and discovered that not only is she my music muse, but my millinery muse too. Could she get any better?! Wow! The lady wears a hat better than anyone I've ever seen ever before. Ever! She's always been identified for her totally crazy madical hair, which is almost a hat in itself, but it looks even more amazesome under a big jazzy hat. I will make a hat for Erykah, it is now my No 1 aim in life, Love of my life...









The best representation of the hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment